What are benefits and limitations of using Viewstate for state management?
.NET INTERVIEW QUESTIONS - What are benefits and limitations of using Viewstate for state management?
Following are the benefits of using Viewstate :-
* No server resources are required because state is in a structure in the page code.
* States are retained automatically.
* The values in view state are hashed, compressed, and encoded, thus representing a higher state of security than hidden fields.
* View state is good for caching data in Web frame configurations because the data is cached on the client.
Following are the limitations of using Viewstate:-
* Page loading and posting performance decreases when large values are stored because view state is stored in the page.
* Although view state stores data in a hashed format, it can still be tampered because it is stored in a hidden field on the page. The information in the hidden field can also be seen if the page output source is viewed directly, creating a potential security risk.
Following is an example of storing values in view state.
this.ViewState["EnterTime"] = DateTime.Now.ToString();
2009-07-07, 5102👍, 0💬
interview.FYIcenter.com offers a collections of interview questions and answers for software and Web...
Can each Java object keep track of all the threads that want to exclusively access to it?
How Large Can a Single Cookie Be? - PHP Script Tips - Understanding and Managing Cookies How large c...
What is the difference between Session State and ViewState? ViewState is specific to a page in a ses...