What are benefits and limitations of using Viewstate for state management?
.NET INTERVIEW QUESTIONS - What are benefits and limitations of using Viewstate for state management?
Following are the benefits of using Viewstate :-
* No server resources are required because state is in a structure in the page code.
* States are retained automatically.
* The values in view state are hashed, compressed, and encoded, thus representing a higher state of security than hidden fields.
* View state is good for caching data in Web frame configurations because the data is cached on the client.
Following are the limitations of using Viewstate:-
* Page loading and posting performance decreases when large values are stored because view state is stored in the page.
* Although view state stores data in a hashed format, it can still be tampered because it is stored in a hidden field on the page. The information in the hidden field can also be seen if the page output source is viewed directly, creating a potential security risk.
Following is an example of storing values in view state.
this.ViewState["EnterTime"] = DateTime.Now.ToString();
2009-07-07, 5055👍, 0💬
How To Calculate Expressions with SQL Statements? - MySQL FAQs - Introduction to SQL Basics There is...
Can you explain in brief how can we implement threading ? Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As Sys...
What is effort variance? Effort Variance = (Actual effort – Estimated Effort) / Estimated Effort.
What is NullPointerException and how to handle it? When an object is not initialized, the default va...
What Is Posting? Posting is an event that writes Inserts, Updates and Deletes in the forms to the da...