What are benefits and limitations of using Viewstate for state management?
.NET INTERVIEW QUESTIONS - What are benefits and limitations of using Viewstate for state management?
Following are the benefits of using Viewstate :-
* No server resources are required because state is in a structure in the page code.
* States are retained automatically.
* The values in view state are hashed, compressed, and encoded, thus representing a higher state of security than hidden fields.
* View state is good for caching data in Web frame configurations because the data is cached on the client.
Following are the limitations of using Viewstate:-
* Page loading and posting performance decreases when large values are stored because view state is stored in the page.
* Although view state stores data in a hashed format, it can still be tampered because it is stored in a hidden field on the page. The information in the hidden field can also be seen if the page output source is viewed directly, creating a potential security risk.
Following is an example of storing values in view state.
this.ViewState["EnterTime"] = DateTime.Now.ToString();
2009-07-07, 5008👍, 0💬
How To Get the Last ID Assigned by MySQL? - MySQL FAQs - Managing Tables and Running Queries with PH...
What Is C Language? The C programming language is a standardized programming language developed in t...
How To Dump the Contents of a Directory into an Array? - PHP Script Tips - Working with Directoris a...
How To Control White Spaces between Table Cells? - XHTML 1.0 Tutorials - Understanding Tables and Ta...
If we have the following in a Java code: String s="abc"; String s2="abc"; Then what will be output o...